Small Fire At Staples

Chelan and Douglas County Fire responded to a fire in the facade at the entrance of the Staples building on North Ferry Street at 9:23 Thursday morning.  Chelan County Fire District #1 acting Batallion Chief Brandon Kunz said an electrical problem likely caused the fire. Four units including a hook and ladder engine responded.

The Staples store had been closed since February 11th and work crews have been doing demo work inside.  Robert Engle,  a temporary worker,  was credited by firefighters for knocking down the flames with a fire extinguisher before they arrived.

Robert Engle was working inside and quickly responded with a fire extinguisher

Be the first to comment on "Small Fire At Staples"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*