Chelan County Fire District 1 Responds to Fire in Wenatchee Valley Museum
Chelan County Fire District 1 crews responded to reports of a structure fire at the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center Wednesday morning.
Public Information Officer Kay McKellar says there was a machine in the basement that prints copies that overheated.
"The paper caught on fire inside that machine and so they got the fire out. It took them about 30 minutes to overhaul the building and turn it back over."
McKellar says it could have been worse, but Museum staff was on top of things, they ventilated the facility after the fire was out and they were able to move the heat press out of the building for safety.