A GoFundMe page has been established for a Tonasket mother and daughter who lost their home to fire yesterday (Wednesday, Nov. 29).

Cyndi Benitez and her 12-year-old daughter, Eden, were forced to evacuate the residence when the fire broke out in the early morning hours. The two made it out safely but lost all of their belongings in the fire, which completely destroyed their house.

Benitez is well known within the community as manager of the annual Okanogan Family Faire, which has been known to many for years as "Barter Faire."

attachment-Benitezs
loading...

Her sister, Christina Britts, set up the GoFundMe effort to assist with the cost of immediate housing and the purchase of household essentials, clothing, and school supplies, as well as the rebuilding of their home.

As of midday today, the campaign had already raised over $9,600 of its $40,000 goal.

To make a donation, click here.

Get our free mobile app

Important: 12 Tips To Stay Safe Using Your Fireplace and Chimney

There's nothing quite like a lit fireplace: the warmth, light, smell, and sound of crackling wood transcends time and takes us back to a simpler time. It's the spirit of hygge. But lighting a fire in your home comes with a lot of dangers. Before you light your fireplace, review these safety tips from the Washington State Fire Marshal.

Gallery Credit: Jaime Skelton

More From NewsRadio 560 KPQ