Primary Election Results
Here are the latest unofficial results for the August 2nd, 2022 primary election as of Tuesday evening.
- The Wenatchee Valley Fire Department is close to becoming a reality with roughly 60% of the vote approving of the merger and levy so far.
- Both Kim Schrier and Dan Newhouse are in the lead, but by widely different margins.
- The race for U.S. Senate will, as expected, come down to Patty Murray and Tiffany Smiley November 8th. Murray, the incumbent, owns 54% of the vote so far, with Smiley the clear second choice at 32%.
- Steve Hobbs looks poised to move on to the general election in the race for Washington Secretary of State. However, his fellow November contender is unclear to say the least. While Hobbs is enjoying 41% of the returns so far three opponents, Julie Anderson, Bob Hagglund and Keith Wagoner all find themselves within less than seven-tenths of a percentage point.
- Sandra Arechiga and Marty Young will likely face off for Chelan County Clerk November 8th.
- With Zachary Miller bowing out of the race, Anne Hessburng (48%) will face Shon Smith (41%) in the Chelan County Commissioner District 2 general election.
- While nothing was decided in the Chelan County Sheriff's Office race Tuesday night, it is worth noting incumbent Brian Burnett is leading challenger Mike Morrison 54% to 45%.
All of Chelan County's results can be found here.
- Okanogan-Douglas County Hospital District 1 (Three Rivers Hospital) is again seeing its one-year tax levy to fund emergency department operations approved.
Douglas County's election results can be found here.
- Joey Kreite and Joe Harris are sitting 1-2 for Grant County Sheriff.
- Grant County Commissioner District 3 incumbent Cindy Carter is taking the easy path to November with 55% of the vote, while Jeff Foster has about a 5% lead over Dan DeLano.
- Kimberly Allen will comfortably head to the Grant County Clerk general election. Marla Roduner is on the cusp of joining her, as Roduner has a 900 vote lead on her 3rd-place opponent.
- Grant County Hospital District 2 Proposition 1, which would generate $55 million in financing to build a new hospital, is passing with 64% approval.
All of Grant County's election results can be found here.
Okanogan County's election results can be found here.